> On Sun, 2018-04-08 at 19:52 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
> > On Sun, 2018-04-08 at 17:38 +0100, David wrote:
> > > I've loaded seahorse onto my desk PC and it works fine, I cannot get
> > > seahorse on to my laptop, unable to update was part of the reason I
> > > replaced the hard drive and started again.
> > >
> > > I've got the old laptop hard drive, as a secondary drive, working in
> > > my desk PC.
> > >
> > > Where should I go looking, with seahorse, to find the passwords?
> >
> > https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2018-April/msg00020.html
>
> The problem for the OP much likely is, that the OP runs a user session
> from the primary hard drive. The $HOME of the user on the secondary hard
> drive is not shown when running seahorse. One way to work around this,
> would be to change fstab entries, to mount /home/ from the secondary
> drive. This could have a few pitfalls. Is /home/ of the install of the
> primary disk on a separated partition or part of the root directory?
> When /home/ from the secondary partition is used, some software might
> transform data of apps for usage with the installed versions and the
> data might not be backwards compatible anymore and so on and so on.

Ah, thanks for way better understanding the problem than I did! :)

In that case I'd rather investigate why the OP cannot get Seahorse onto
their laptop and what "unable to update" means exactly. Which might be
off-topic for the scope of this Evolution mailing list.

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak...@gmx.net
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/