On Mon, 2018-04-09 at 07:35 +0100, David wrote:
> Looking where the passwords are stored, in the shadow files, I've
> copied the shadow files from the Manjaro laptop disk and I'll try
> adding them into another working system to see if I can read them
> with Seahorse.

Hi,

what "shadow files"?

The Evolution related passwords are not stored in /etc/shadow. They are
somewhere stored in $HOME (/home/user/). I don't know where they are
stored, however, if you just would

"sudo cp -ai /mntpoint_old_drive/home/orignal_user/ /home/new_user"
"sudo useradd -m -s /bin/bash new_user"
"sudo chown -R new_user:new_user /home/new_user"

then log out and log in as the new user, you could access the passwords
using seahorse.

Since I'm an Arch Linux user, I strongly advise against using Manjaro
Linux or any other Arch Linux derivative.

Regards,
Ralf

--
pacman -Q linux{,-rt{-securityink,-cornflower,,-pussytoes}}|cut -d\  -f2
4.16-1