-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Steck, Steffen
M.
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 1:24 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Backup

Hi there,
I am having probs with the backup of my XCNG 5.5 Sp4 on NT4Sp6. I have a
priv.edb of approximately 23 GB size. Besides is only the OS and little more
(antivirus etc) on the machine. The machine itself is a P3 Xeon with 500 Mhz
and 512 MB RAM. It has an DLT 80 and uses backup software Veritas Backup
Exec Multiserver 7.3.
The problem: The backup of the Exchange Mailboxes lasts 12 hours, the whole
filesystem (27 GB) is being taped in half an hour. Why does take so long to
read out the mailboxes of the information store?
Anybody seen this or any idea?
Thx in advance
Steffen