Well, over the weekend I did a bunch of work it may turn out I didn't need
to do. The user had told me he did not have the IM support turned on when
what he really meant was that he did not remember turning it on. But he did
not actually look even though I told him where to look while he was on the
phone with me. When after running all the tests below, I finally got to
where I could see his client, he did have it turned on. I turned it off but
didn't really see an immediate improvement. Today he says it is working
better. We seem to have some other issues today though so I am not
completely convinced.

Over the weekend I did do a number of things, I ran eseutil /g which
reported no errors as far as I could see. There were many lines indicating
it was checking something but none indicating it had found a problem. Nor
any indicating it hadn't.

I also ran isinteg in check only mode. The results of the isinteg run
(appended) show the only thing I could see that could possibly be a problem
and I have no idea if it is one or if it is how best to get rid of it. I'm
not feeling much like running isinteg in fix mode unless that is the only
option.

I reapplied SP4 and hotfixes to no observable benefit. I also ran
performance optimizer but still had the problem. That was about when I
discovered he had not actually checked to see if IM support was checked. So
I unchecked it.

I'm planning on stopping here unless someone says I should do something
about the results of the isinteg run.

Thanks all,

Ronni

******************************
Results of isinteg:

c:\isinteg-log-pri.dat -t d:\temp

Starting test 1 of 6, 'reference table construction'
Finished reference table construction. Time: 0h:0m:0s
Starting test 2 of 6, 'Folder'
Finished Folder, number of rows = 3688. Time: 0h:14m:32s
Starting test 3 of 6, 'Deleted Folders'
Finished Deleted Folders. Time: 0h:0m:0s
Starting test 4 of 6, 'Message'
Warning: Message 235848 (Inid=0003-00000067D42B): Magic value missing from
PR_RTF_Compressed Header
Warning: Message 235848 (Inid=0003-00000067D42B): This message contains
incorrect RTF
Finished Message, number of rows = 264290. Time: 0h:10m:32s, number of
warnings = 2
Starting test 5 of 6, 'Mailbox'
Finished Mailbox, number of rows = 30. Time: 0h:0m:0s
Starting test 6 of 6, 'reference count verification'
Finished reference count verification. Time: 0h:0m:2s

. . . . . SUMMARY . . . . .
Total number of tests : 6
Total number of warnings : 2
Total number of errors : 0