-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Matthew Joyce
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 5:28 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: smtp receives but stops sending

Hi,

I found a thread, titled as above, via a google, I'm just curious what the
resolution was (if any)

I have recently install Exchange 2003 and today, I found a bunch of messages
waiting for submission.
The SMTP service would not stop.

I followed the threads procedure.

Disable SMTP service
Restart server
Move messages from queue
Start service
feed back messages

this seems to have worked, but the whole incident has spawned a constant
niggling doubt.

I have not done anything to change the setup, so presumably this can happen
again anytime.

There was talk of it being AV related, I have a trial of GFI Mail Security
running, I'd like to be able to know if it is the AV product or a generic
problem with the AV/Exchange interface.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Matt