> the meeting is often the time at IHOP.  If you go next month maybe I'll
> run into you.  I'll be in the back on a laptop running 9.1

Hmm. I don't attend the meetings due to work - it's difficult to get
over to Cisco from South San Jose and I take a bus :(.

I had no reason to suspect you were local :).

> In the cooker They have mentioned casually that they are looking for
> features people want/need in urpmi the next generation.. might be the
> time to start requesting.

Maybe it's time to finally join the cooker mailing list ;) as if I
needed more reading :) - it takes a lot of time just to keep up with
just expert and newbie. 42 megs in /var/spool/mail/dfox :).

> Dunno on apt-get either.  But they have talked about the ability to add
> fallback media to urpmi and I agree it would be helpful. I know I tend

Other posters (don't remember who exactly) suggested that one could
add secondary sites to urmpi but I don't see how to do that, other
than just saying 'urpmi.update alterative-cooker-mirror-name'  - and
that only controls the update nott the actual urpmi.

> to remove the cd's as media then add an online site that has the release
> rpms.  When I'm on the move I don't always have disks handy.

Right - what I did for 9.0 is I got a CD#1 but since I don't have a CD
burner, I couldn't burn ISOs of disks 2 or 3, so I just downloaded the
ISOs and loopback mounted them.