Akasha_108 wrote a lot of stuff -- 322 lines of stuff, in fact,
about the issue in the subject line.  While I appreciate the effort,
what he/she is talking about strikes me as pure theory, and I really
can't getit up for an argument about pure theory right now.

IMO, if one is NOT *living* every day, 24/7, at the level at
which "I am not the doer" is an ever-present reality, then anyone
who tries to present that view AS reality is merely defending an
idea, and is possibly somewhat attached to that idea.

Me, that's not my perception of reality.  Therefore I cannot pretend
that "I am not the doer" represents reality.  I am open to the
possibility that it might be, someday.  I am also open to the
possibility that even then it might be nothing more than Just One
More Passing State Of Attention.

Because I'm basically a pragmatic sorta guy, I have to go with the
pragmatic approach.  My perception is that I have free will;
therefore it is in my interest and in the interest of dharma for me
to exercise it.

I think that a lot of people who hold to predeterminism and the "I
am not the doer" idea as an ideal are possibly just trying to escape
responsibility for their actions and responsibility for their own
self discovery.  They *want* everything to be run by some outside
agency (or "internal outside agency").  I tend to label this
approach to self discovery as the "Beam me up Scotty" theory of
enlightenment.  :-)

I'm not like that; I'm basically an occultist, willing to make my
own decisions and take responsibility for my own self discovery.  I
like looking at things that way.  Other people's mileage may vary,
and that's cool...

Unc