--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, bob_brigante <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I haven't quite figured this out -- are they saying you have to
sell
> $50K a month of AV products? If so, only a few big city placements
> will do this well, I think.
>
> *
> http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Transcendental_Meditation/
>
> From: The Office of Dr. Benjamin Feldman
>
> Dear National Leader,
> Please give the following message to all the Governors and Sidhas
who
> may wish to be full time in the Movement and begin to behave on the
> level of millionaires in the country:
> ----------
> The wish is for the Governors and Sidhas—the honorable Directors
who
> will be now seriously taking the responsibility of the activity in
> their cities, in order to bring health and invincibility to their
> country, to begin to behave like millionaires.
> Full time Governors and Sidhas are now eligible for the new
> Millionaire Program.
> Concept of millionaire-ship can be seen as follows:
> A millionaire with one million dollars at his disposal deposits
this
> money in the bank and gets five percent interest—he will get
$50,000
> in interest per year for his expenses. So about 4,200 per month
will
> be his income.

Uh, this is where the big flaw is.

1) If they are millionaires "with one million dollars at their
disposal", it is reasonable to assume that they don't JUST have one
million to their name because they have to to have one million at
their disposal.  So someone with a million at their disposal is
probably worth about $5 million.

And if they are worth $5 million, that money isn't sitting there not
earning anything; it's either already in real estate or bonds or
stocks or interest-bearing instruments.

And if that is the case, then they already have taxable income...AND
more than likely that they are in the highest possible tax bracket.

So, that $50,000 a year in interest income from the $1 million is not
going to be $50,000 available (the $4,200 a month) to them but about
$30,000 after-tax, which is about $2,500 a month.

Of course, whatever expenses are used in business, this can be a
write-off.  And since the whole thing isn't going to work anyway, the
entire $50,000 a year will be offset by loss.

So, yes, this scheme should work perfectly!

> With this amount he will have a decent house of
> approximately $2,000 per month, $700 for the lease payments,
> insurance and gasoline of a good car and $1,500 for food, taxes,
> insurance and other expenses of the family.
> With this level of expenditure, every participating Director will
> start to live on the level of a millionaire from November 1, 2007.
> Those participating in the Millionaire Program will have $4,200 per
> month and also the salaries of two full time assistants at the rate
> of $2,500 each. The rent of a shop of about 250 sq. ft (store-front
> in a central area) and about 1,000 sq. ft. of storage and office
> associated with the shop, may cost about $3,000 per month, so the
> total expenditure per month per shop would be about $13,000 per
month
> including utilities, telephone, etc.
> The winning point of the program is that every participating shop
> will be provided about $50,000 worth of Maharishi Ayurveda products
> (retail cost) every month and in addition about $10,000 will be
spent
> per shop in national and state-wide publicity, so about $23,000
will
> be needed to cover all costs incurred by the local shop. This is
less
> than 50% of the value of the stock. The policy therefore will be
that
> 50% of the sales will be allocated to the above mentioned expenses
> (and the surplus of this 50% can be kept by the local shop as a
> reserve fund). The cost of the products and its transportation will
> be paid from the other 50% of income from the sales.
> The full-time assistants for the shop will facilitate the
> participating Governor to further supplement the level of
> millionaire's income with the income from other programs of the
> Maharishi Invincibility Centers. The policy for income and expense
> for those programs will remain the same as it is now.
> This is the outline for the concerned Governors and Sidhas.
> Please confirm to me within about one week (to Finance@) your wish
> to participate in this program and the location and size of the
> specific shop and storage space you have selected.
> Please include also your name, city, country and whether you are a
> Governor or Sidha and confirm your full time involvement in
Movement
> programs (e.g. you may be associated with a Maharishi Invincibility
> Center and also open a shop).
> Having received the proposals for implementation we will order the
> supply of Maharishi Ayurveda products from India.  Confirmed
> participants will then prepare the shop and, if ready to open, will
> attend one week of Panchakarma immediately following the
celebration