I’d like to comment on someone’s observation that Maharishi took the best
and the brightest of the baby boomers and turned them into bug-eyed cult
zombies. Another way of looking at it is that he took a bunch of drugged-out
hippies and enabled them to live wholesome, productive lives. When I learned
TM, I had dropped out of high school, had been taking drugs for a year and
was beginning to dabble with heroin, which some of my friends became
addicted to and died from, had been arrested twice, and was in a very
muddled state, mentally. Within a few weeks of learning TM, I had dropped my
druggie friends, gotten a job, enrolled in a community college, made amends
with my father, etc. And things got better from there. Many of us can tell
similar stories. This doesn’t excuse all the things about MMY and the TMO
that I and others criticize, but I think you have to give credit where
credit is due. It’s not fair or honest to paint a totally negative picture.


No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition. 
Version: 7.5.488 / Virus Database: 269.14.10/1070 - Release Date: 10/14/2007
9:22 AM
 

Reply via email to