On Oct 15, 2007, at 1:33 PM, Angela Mailander wrote:
I could give you solid documentation for the fact that Trebitsch- Lincoln did in fact take a radio to the Dali Lama. Unfortunately for me, most of my sources are not in English. Where I went to grad school people did dismiss one another's ideas, but not without a better hearing than you've given me. a
Was it even possible to have radio communication between a himalayan kingdom, presumably the Potala in Lhasa and Germany at that time? And of course I'm basing a lot of my conclusions on the accounts I've heard or read and what the Tibetan government is known to have said about the Germans. They stand in stark contrast to what it sounds like you're stating. Of course you're not on trial, so I'd love to hear what you've heard.
It seems to me the friendliest relationship in eastern Europe was with the Tsars. A number of years ago I met a gentleman who oversaw what was used as a radio-jamming facility in the communist era but was originally a large Tibetan temple and library, containing many rare Tibetan artifacts from the Tsarist era.
