--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, t3rinity <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> <curtisdeltablues@> wrote:
>
> > You have the right to say anything you want.  When you say "I am God"
> > I have the right to say "Uh oh".  I have my reasons.
>
> Or not. Most reasons are rationalizations, as brain research suggests.
> What you think to be 'my decision' or 'my reason' is very often, if
> not always a later rationalization of processes in the brain which are
> under the threshold of your awareness. And yet you feel sure (most of
> us do) that its us doing it, us thinking and us being independent.

A lack of compelling evidence has nothing to do with unconscious
processes.  I don't feel independent of unconscious processes.  Quite
the opposite, I use them for my art.  Being confident about knowledge
is not undermined by studies on our rationalization processes.  There
are many methods that we use to avoid this among many possible human
cognitive errors.

> E.g. in my view, which is just a POV, are are an atheist, precisely
> because God wants you to be so. In my view we are not independent
> units, but are guided by a cosmic force, that you might call 'God' The
> sense of the I and doer-ship is one of the greatest miracles. Which
> you take for granted obviously.

I don't take our sense of I an doer-ship for granted, I love being
alive.  I just don't believe that any of the explanations for how we
got here rise above mythology. (which has its valuable uses)  I am
satisfied with the miracle of life itself without the overlay concepts
of cosmic forces.  My awe, wonder, joy and even bliss come from being
alive, not from one of the many, many God concepts.

If you find these concepts useful in interpreting your experiences of
your consciousness, that is your business.  But not adapting these
concepts doesn't make me take anything for granted.  You yourself have
decided not to adapt literally hundreds of God concepts to arrive at
the one that works for you.  I have rejected them too and probably for
many of the same reasons.  I just have one less God than you have.