--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bronte Baxter
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Bronte writes:
>
>   As we are ALL channels for our God, Curtis.

What you mean "we" whiteman? (Old Tonto joke reference)

>In my view, we each have a higher self, our own personal God, or you
could say, our ego in its most pure individualized state. Our human
bodies and personalities are channels for that being, as well as for
God in the universal sense. ">

Or you could say we are just humans with belief systems that make us
feel more important on earth then our humble existence here would
suggest.  I am not channeling any being or conception of God that you
have, no higher self, no personal God, I am just me. I don't accept
your concept of ego as including any of these things. My eyebrows
raise when I hear people claiming such things.

>   You took it out of context to make me look megalamanic -- I wrote
"in spite of many faults which I still intend to correct, I am a
fairly clear channel for my God." And I am. God gets through my wires
successfully a darn good portion of the time. It's a sad world if we
have to be ashamed to say that.

Did you think it made you sound like a megalomaniac? I don't share the
POV that any version of the God idea is getting through your wires.

>   Why I objected to her anonymous holiness the other day was not
because she felt connected with God, but because she spoke of herself
as superior to the people around her, people she described as beggars
after her dharshan. I find that appalling. As I said, if you ever find
me thinking or talking like that, drag me home by the toenails and
hold me down in a bathtub of icewater. But to say "I am God" is
everyone's human right, including my own. I won't be ashamed of
admitting my birthright, or the fact that I lay claim to it. As
everybody can. That wonderful equality was the whole point of my "it's
free to all of us" post.

You have the right to say anything you want.  When you say "I am God"
I have the right to say "Uh oh".  I have my reasons.

> [...]
> > that is but ignorance. You suffer because you wallow still in
> illusion. Eschew the ego. Surrender to the Self -- by way of our
> mantras, chants and hymns to the gods. Then you will be free of the
> last vestiges of human suffering.
> >
> > So the aspirant does this. He pays the ultimate toll. He allows
> his personhood to be fully consumed. And who does he pay it to, the
> Absolute? No, to the gods themselves. They it is who eat the fruit of
> the sacrifice. They it is he bows down to every day, and now every
> moment, replacing his very thoughts with the name of his assigned
deity.

> > The Absolute didn't want him to surrender. It didn't mind his
> thoughts and desires. It could have given him the wonderful things he
> once wanted. It waits with open arms for anyone who comes to it, and
> is ready to grant every wish. But the poor man on the toll road, who
> knew no other way, gave all he had to the gods and his guru for the
> privilege of knowing the Transcendent. Yes, he gets to have it in the
> end. But the price has been his personhood. The price to the
> Transcendent has been the destruction of the soul of one of its
> precious children. Only a zombie remains -- an empty shell through
> which the gods can work their deeds and talk their talk, snaring new
> seekers and "selling" the Transcendent to others.
> >
> > But the ocean was never really up for sale. God never had a price
> tag. Heaven was never intended to turn into a racket. The Infinite
> weeps for what is being done on earth in its name. And all the while
> it sits there, free, for anyone who will look.
> >
> > So when Angela asks, what is really happening? I listen with both
> ears. I'm looking beyond the appearances. I'm asking the tough
> questions. Am I scared of what I'll find? Don't I have cherished
> assumptions, a world view that could crash? That has already happened,
> and guess what, I'm still here. Because when my world view crashed, it
> left but one thing behind. It left my Isness. I found that I'm
> immortal, that I'm always joined with God. Nothing can ever sever me
> unless I give it permission.
> >
> > No one can take my personhood or my knowledge. I'm filled with
> dynamic energy and original ways of seeing. In spite of many still
> remaining flaws, which I'll work out because I've committed to that,
> I'm a fairly clear channel for my God. Not god with a small g, but God
> the Infinite. God, as in the magnificent power and love that created
> this world in hopes of making something joyous and beautiful. The God
> who saw that dream lost by the ignorance of its children, then
> railroaded by a few who started to remember and told the still-asleep
> that they were gods.
> >
> > TM gave us something. But that was the thing that was always free
> to us anyway, had we only known where to look. It's something that
> still waits for us, never demanding we pay a toll. It's there for the
> experiencing, without gods or mantras, bajans or ego-suicide. It's

My mom
> > > actually spent 9 months in Switzerland with MMY and came back quite
> > > transformed. I'm grateful to him for allowing her to come. It was a
> > gift to
> > > me, as he knew very well she wouldn't accomplish much there.
> >
> > I look at the quantity of people like myself in that seemingly
> > 'unique' and 'special' time frame who were 'lost' in the darker side
> > of the hippie daze [days], or just plain 'lost' - and because of TM
> > became positive and hopeful for probably the first time in many of
> > their lives. The life-saving transformation that happened to me must
> > also have been evident in hundreds of thousands of others in those
days.

> > Need a vacation? Get great deals to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.

mail, news, photos & more.