That sound has been shown to accelerate the healing process.  a

authfriend <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:                               --- In
FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley"
 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Angela Mailander
 > <mailander111@> wrote:
 > >
 > > I have heard that pets are not supposed to be in the same room
 > > while you meditate because they are "prana thieves."  I think
 > > this got extended by diligent Rus to include not having any pets
 > > anywhere.
 >
 > I think meditating with a beloved pet is a sublime experience.
 > In my online research into Adi Da, I came across the
 > appellation "Heart Master Da". And, while I don't find much heart
 > value in what I've read about Adi Da and Daism, I have bestowed
 > upon all our kitties the title "Heart Master".
 >
 > Heart Master Carrie
 > Heart Master Coco
 > Heart Master Billie
 > Heart Master Vinnie

 Apparently, nobody quite knows how cats make their
 purring sound. A friend of mine had a simple answer:
 It's the vibration of their heart chakra.