--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> My POV, drawing from the material I posted and several hypotheses I
> stated is that:
>
> 1) the society and culture the preceded the Third Reich had many
> new-age elements that we have today (and that does not imply
> causation, but rather -- perhaps -- a nuturing feature.) This gets
> the point that pre-third Reich Germany was not some far
off "place" --
> but was kind of like our lives. Not that "it could not happen here",
> but just the opposite possibility.
>
> 2) Hitler may have done some "spiritual" or occult practices. He or
> his mentors talked about higher and lower selves, the former being
> endowed with infinite power, getting in tune with Natural Law,
opening
> up power centers within, etc. Rather than making Hilter seem further
> away form us, my thought was that he, (his pesona in the 20's and
> early 30's) would have fit right in in FF -- absent the anti-
semitism.
> Thus, not that we could never be like him, but rather, he was like
us
> and look where he ended up.

Hitler in FF there's a thought!

Here's something I've often pondered, and please don't anyone be
offended as it's just a thought experiment... Could the TMO could
ever do a "Jim Jones" or a "Heavens Gate." What would it take? Is it
a big jump or small, does it need a different type of person than
your typical meditator, are there really any different types of
people?

I honestly don't think it's likely or, knowing the people I hang out
with, even possible in the TMO. I think everyone would walk away
sadly shaking their heads if it all got too weird. But other groups
do it, and I'm sure they never considered themselves as cults, so
what pushes them over the edge? Isolation or disillusionment with
the "ordinary" world? Or maybe they have apocalyptic beliefs
enshrined in their teachings to begin with.