TurquoiseB wrote:
> My bet is that the only people who will be taken
> in by this "study" are those who were taken in
> long ago, and are trying to avoid having to admit
> that they *were* taken in.

So, how much would you be willing to wager?

According to what I've read, there have been several
independent studies that indicate that the practice
of TM lowers blood pressure.

"Scientists at the Medical College of Georgia discovered
why people who practise transcendental meditation daily
had significantly lower blood pressure than those who
did not."

'Meditation lowers blood pressure'
BBC News, Monday, 2 August, 1999
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/410003.stm

'Transcendental meditation improves blood pressure'
Archives of Internal Medicine, June 12, 2006
http://www.theheart.org/article/714763.do