I did not get any impression of smugness from the first post - just
sharing of a good experience with MMY. As I said before, I think that
it is important to touch into your own path - but it is unique to the
individual. It is wonderful to hear of progression along a path,
whatever it may be. Surely that it what spirituality is about - and I
certainly stopped being so involved with TM because of suggestions
that meditators etc were somehow better than others. I have met so
many people who had experiences of all kinds - including a friend
whose spiritual development was prompted by the suicide of her only
son (and she was unmarried). Who knows what nature is going to bring
us for learning? And polarities do tend to be forced into balance by
nature (Jung called it enantiodromia - you go too far into one pole,
you get swung back into the other).
It is a shame that this person feels that his experience led to such
attack that he has to withdraw - my daughter said today after going on
a music debate website "it's interesting how American men seem to go
on these websites to attack each other". I'm sure it's not an American
thing necessarily - we can do it just as much (if not more) in Europe -
 but it did ring a bell in me after reading these posts.

A totally different matter in this thread is a Guru having sex with
a "disciple". That is abuse, pure and simple, because there is an
imbalance of power. Haven't a clue whether or not MMY did or did not -
if he did then maybe it's because if we've got a body we've also got a
personality, which has relative aspects. You can't live wholly in the
absolute, and anyone who's had experiences of deep soul relationships
with another has probably noticed how it's the personality that trips
it up. Because it's through that that we learn in this life.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "guybanner2002"