--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter Sutphen
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> CC is well described as glorified ignorance, especially the early
stages of it. But, Sparaig, you need to read your 'Gita a little more
carefully regarding "I" and enlightenment. I suspect your
understanding of enlightenment is based on intellect alone rather
than on intellect and experience. The "I" never gets enlightened. How
can it? You talk about presence of Self. What is Self? An object? A
subject? For that matter, what is ignorance? No buzz words please.
Derealization is a mental phenomena only, it has nothing to do with
CC.

Perhaps, but to claim that CC means there is no I or me...

Well, I fill in the blanks in my own way.

> sparaig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:snip
>
> Actually, MMY has characterized CC as "merely normal," and
> as "glorified ignorance."
>
> All that CC is is when there is 24/7 presence of Self. The claim
> that "I" and "me" goes away is either a mis-identification of CC
with
> extreme unstressing resulting in pathological derealization, or a
> misinterpretation of what MMY is describing.
>

> But with Sat Yuga and all,
> > maybe things are mellower. You yourself are even making what you
> > previous called "huge epistimological mistakes!" and laughing it
> away.
> >
> > On a more serious note, do you singularly define CC as "Cessation
of
> > identification of consciousness with mind. End of 'I' and 'me'"?
Do