Vaj,

Some comments:

(1) Some time ago, during a discussion of Patanjali's Yoga Sutras,
you referenced someone else's writings on CC (or perhaps turiyatita;
this was someone in Patanjali's tradition from centuries ago, I
believe). You made the comment that they described many
characteristics of CC that MMY never does. You may have concluded
that Maharishi doesn't really know what he was talking about due to
these omissions. In any case, I've been curious ever since to find
out from you some of these characteristics of CC that are not
included in the canons of MMY.

Other comments appear below:

>It's funny when you see these parrotings of TMO doctrine. What's
>so funny is that most aren't even aware that to a Samkhya
>practitioner turiyatita (CC) *IS* the big E!  Really all that can
>be said is that this is the POV of Mahesh Yogi (this CC opinion)--
>because it certainly does not represent any lineal transmission.
>Most hilarious is the whole
>idea that there is a transition from CC to GC to UC. GC or
>Bhagavata-chetana is the style of enlightenment described by the
>Bhagavatins. The Bhagavatins were Vaishnavite Bhaktis--devotional
>practitioners from the cult of Vishnu! This is why when you study
>and practice from the perspective of the Shankaracharya trad. you
>will NOT find "GC" as part of any continuum of enlightenment. What
>these represent are different POV's--different darshanas. Advaita
>does show a path beyond turiyatita to videha-mukti (UC) but it
>ain't anything like M. claims.

(2) In this last sentence, what are you referring to when you say it
isn't like M. claims? Are you referring to the path beyond
turiyatita, the state of vidha-mukti, or both?

(3) MMY has sometimes referred to what he calls GC as "Glorified
Cosmic Consciousness", thus implying that it isn't really a distinct
state, but is CC with refined perception and feeling. Regarding the
path beyond turiyatita described by Advaita that you mentioned, are
there no elements of refinement of perception or feeling included in
that description?

(4) Regarding "to a Samkhya practitioner turiyatita (CC) *IS* the
big E!" and other comments that you made, are you implying that
followers of a tradition who become "enlightened" always and only
experience their enlightenment in terms of the POV of that tradition?

(5) I have a personal opinion (not a strongly held belief), based on
years of listening to MMY comment on people's experiences (years
ago), that the CC/GC/UC model that he has laid out is, for him, an
oversimplified model for the purpose of teaching to and inspiring
large numbers of people. His comments on experiences make me believe
that his own understanding is much more flexible, and takes into
account a surprising number of characteristics and individual
differences that are not included in the CC/GG/UC model.

(6) I have a personal opinion, based on reading candid first person
accounts of people who were not strongly connected to a tradition or
a POV, that people do sometimes spontaneously experience, and
describe in their own words, transitions that relate well to parts
of the CC/GC/UC model, particularly the CC and UC parts. Or they may
be connected to a tradition and a POV, but have experiences that go
beyond what the POV offers as a "final" stage. They may also have
experiences that do not relate well to the CC/GG/UC model, but that
is another point.

Vaj - your comments on these points would be most welcome. Also
comments from others, if you like. Akasha?