raunchydog wrote:
> Did you see this? "Barack Obama can't help it if he's a magna cum
> laude Harvard grad and you're a Wal-Mart shopper who resurfaces
> driveways with your brother-in-law. Americans are so narcissistic that
> our candidates have to be just like us. That's why George Bush is
> president. And that's where the McCain camp gets its campaign
> strategy: Paint Obama as cocky and arrogant and wait for America to
> vote him off, like the black guy in every reality show. A black
> president? Half of Pennsylvania isn't ready for black quarterbacks.
> Forget Obama, they think Will Smith needs to be taken down a peg.
> http://tinyurl.com/6h75l6";
>
> My Response:  Bill Clinton was smart AND the first "black" president.
> He had an easy way of relating to common folk and never looked down on
> them. For this the Clintons were considered "hillbilly white trash" by
> the elite of Washington. Bill Maher's monologue insults the
> intelligence of voters who have low paying jobs and calls them racist
> while his elite college educated audience, laughing condescendingly,
> thinks he is hip and funny. As long as the elite left wing of the
> Democratic party dismisses swing voters as dumbass racists clinging to
> guns and religion, they help seal Obama's fate to lose the election.
> McCain doesn't have to paint Obama as cocky and arrogant.  He can do
> that himself along with the likes of Bill Maher, an in the tank media
> and his army of paid sexist blogger boyz who royally pissed me off
> trashing Hillary at every opportunity. Excuse me for not believing
> Obama is The One. I'm just a dumbass voter who wants respect before
> you can get my vote. Chime in and let the fur fly.
It's the Republicans who think you're dumb.  Otherwise why would the put
up candidates that the dumbasses would identify with?  You'll vote for
them and they'll steal your money as they have done the last eight years.

If you were in school and needed some help with your math assignments
would you ask someone who is a C student or someone who is an A
student?  If you were looking for a good lawyer would you choose one who
barely passed the law exam or someone who not only passed the law exam
but also teaches law courses at a college?  Would you choose a doctor
who barely made it through medical school only with influential help
from his dad who was also a doctor and an alumni contributor to the
college or someone who flew through medical school with flying colors
and was noted for their research?

So if you were choosing a world leader who  is going to meet with other
world leaders would you choose someone who barely understands global
issues and can't think on their feet or someone who not only understands
those issues but also is able to make clear decisions and communicate
them well with other intelligent world leaders?

If you want the US to become a third world country then choose the kind
of leader who will trash it into one.  I, for one, don't want that,
however it may be too late.

And also ask yourself are you better off than you were eight years ago?