Hi Judy,

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, t3rinity <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> <snip>
> > > Right. And leaving out the landing photos so it looked like the
> > > person was flying across the room.
> >
> > That's wrong,Rick,the whole parabola was published,in about 5-6
> > photographs which was part of the exhibition chart 'Optimizing Brain
> > Functioning'. AFAIremember it included the start and the landing.
>
> This is correct.  But it *still* looked like
> the person was floating across the room.
>
> The question is, was it one very long hop, or
> really a sequence of hops, with one photo
> picked from each to make it *look* like one
> long hop?
>
> I don't have the sequence in front of me,

Neither do I, and its hard to conclude this from memory.

> but
> I'm guessing it was the former.  Had it been
> the latter, I should think the position of her
> body would have been slightly different in each
> of the photos, whereas it was virtually
> identical.  Pretty impressive hop, if so.

Now I remember that it was 6 photos, with a slow ascend and the
subsequent landing. As it was photgraphed from the front, the distance
she traversed wasn't really obvious, unless you did some analyzing,
like comparing it to the other woman on the phote who stayed at the
same spot. What was certainly obvious was that a parabole was being
done, and of course you can't say how slow it was.

Judy, I'm not saying that there wasn't an impression created from
these photos that the flying was actually more than it really was,
physically speaking. But for me at least, at the time I was doing it,
it was an actual improvement upon mere TM, right from the start of the
Sidhis. You could say, that even if your meditation wasn't very clear
one day, at the time of the flying sutra everything cleared up at
least. I never completely figured out why this was, but my guess is
that it works on the Kundalini. There is a hatha yogic technique where
you lift yourself up with your arms and then bounce on the butt, in
order to create a push on the lower chakras. Even though the technique
is not identical, the effect may be similar.

So many people I knew thought, that even though they were cheated,
they were cheated in a good way, into doing something really good and
helpfull. I am reminded of the story in Buddhism, were  the house is
burning and the father tries to convince his children to leave the
house by promising them toys. The toys don't really exist, but the
children leave the house (which is samsara) and are saved.

Also the other Sidhis I found helpful, I had my favourate one's which
gave me a taste of the sidhi, quite literally.

Only for me came a time, after many hours of practise, that certain
chakras opened (to whatever degree), and that from then on my whole
program changed experience-wise. Everything became the same, and it
didn't really matter anymore what I did. This was a year before I
finally left Purusha and then the movement, and I abondend all the
program.But it was helpful at the time, and did its job.