--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley"
> <j_alexander_stanley@> wrote:
> > > "It turns out that McCain is treading on tricky ground when he cites
> > > the Khalidi case as an example of Obama consorting with terrorist
> > > sympathizers. The Obama campaign was quick to point out that an
> > > organization co-founded by Khalidi has received large sums of grant
> > > money from the International Republican Institute, chaired by McCain
> > > since 1993. One such grant was for $448,873 in 1998 to assist the
> > > Center for Palestine Research and Studies in its work in the West
> Bank.
>

> "Yesterday, readers of our blog were witness to the birth of viral meme.
>
> An 0bama troll dropped by our post on the LA Times video suppression,
> and informed us that the Obama-Khalidi association really wasn't any
> big deal. Otherwise, why would John McCain have given over $400,000 to a
> Palestinian group that Khalidi worked with?
>
> I googled his cut-and-paste comment and discovered that the exact same
> phrase had been already been posted to the internet over 500 times."
>
> That same verbatim phrase now has been posted over 18,000 times!

<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Ae\

n-US%3Aofficial&q=During+the+1990s%2C+while+he+served+as+chairman+of+the\

+International+Republican+Institute+%28IRI%29%2C+McCain+distributed+seve\

ral+grants+to+the+Palestinian+research+center+co-founded+by+Khalidi%2C++\

<http://nukegingrich.wordpress.com/2008/10/30/mccain-gave-money-to-khali\
> di-the-truth-behind-the-meme/>        Posted on October 30, 2008 by nuke
> Obviously the O-bots think it's working.
>
> The problem is, it is only a distraction, designed to produce an
> illusion.
>
> Aaron Klein, writing at WND, shines the light of truth
> <http://www.worldnetdaily.com/?pageId=79441>  on the 0bama cover story.
>
> It's true that McCain distributed several grants, including one
> worth about half a million dollars, to the Center for Palestine Research
> and Studies, or CPRS, a West Bank organization associated with Khalidi.
>
> What the 0-bots fail to mention is that CPRS is pro-Western and can be
> characterized as pro-Israel.
>
> Its work has been condemned by the Palestinian leadership and by local
> terror groups as "Zionist propaganda."
>
> In contrast, the Khalidi organization Obama helped fund as a board
> member for a nonprofit, alongside domestic terrorist William Ayers, has
> taken a flagrantly anti-Israel line. Khalidi's Arab American Action
> Network has hosted scores of Israel-bashing events, including at least
> one reportedly attended by Obama.
>
> The Obama-Khalidi connection is one more straw. Is it the one that
> finally breaks the donkey's back?
>
> Free The Tape!!!
> <http://michellemalkin.com/2008/10/30/protest-at-the-la-times/>

Personally, I have more faith in the intellectual integrity of Glenn
Greewald than Whirled Nut Daily or Michelle Malkin.

http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2008/10/31/neocons/index.html