<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> <snip>
> >
> > I don't have a problem with his church either. I have
> > a problem with his judgment in not realizing how it
> > would be used against him if he ran for president; and
> > I have a problem with the way he dealt with it when it
> > became a public controversy.
>
> So he was quite politically calculating enough?

(I think you wanted a "not" in there, right?)

Remember, this is the fellow you expect to see sitting
across the table from the bad guys engaging in super-
delicate negotations that could affect the welfare of
the whole world. It's crucially important for such a
person to be able to accurately foresee the effects of
what he says and does.

  My guess is that
> Obama went to church for his kids and sat there daydreaming
> about conquering the world and becoming president the whole
> time.

Sorry, but he quotes Wright and praises him repeatedly
in his books. The book title "Audacity of Hope" was
taken from one of Wright's sermons. So he was most
definitely paying attention.

<snip>
> But I do have an opinion about the people Ayers was fighting
> against who were acting against our best interest in South
> East Asia.  They were not only wrong, they light babies on
> fire by the thousands on their illegal, and unsanctioned by
> the American people, air raids. They were destroying our
> country and any claim we could have to a higher ground than
> the communists.  They did much more to ruin the kind of
> America that I want to live in then the Weather Underground,
> as misguided in their actions as I believe they were.

I agree, but I don't think it excuses Obama's
collaboration with Ayers.