> Hannity was 7 years old when RFK was killed and
> around 13 when Ayers's book was "published" (in
> quotes because it appears to have been privately
> printed, which would be why it wasn't in the NY
> Public Library).

That's really a hoot. Obama was 8 years old when Ayers set off bombs.

> He may not recall that at the time, there was a
> huge controversy, primarily on the left, about
> whether Sirhan Sirhan had shot Kennedy. As with
> JFK's assassination, there were all kinds of
> conspiracy theories, among them that Sirhan was
> a "Manchurian candidate" who had been hypnotized
> by people who wanted RFK dead (and there were
> all kinds of groups that feared him) and
> programmed to be the fall guy for someone else,
> who was never identified or captured, who had
> actually fired the shots that killed RFK.

> Although he confessed to the crime, Sirhan
> claimed he did not remember the shooting.
>
> That Ayers considered Sirhan a "political
> prisoner" indicates that he assumed Sirhan was
> actually innocent.
>
> In other words, Ayers was not *applauding* the
> assassination of RFK by including Sirhan in the
> list of people to whom the book was dedicated,
> but rather condemning the U.S. government for
> having convicted him of a crime he did not
> commit, presumably to conceal the identity of
> the real killer.

I remember the Manchurian candidate story. Regardless, Sirhan pulled
trigger and many witnessed it. The far left, and the likes of Ayers,
used Sirhan's lack of memory of his crime to manufacture a conspiracy
theory, casting suspicion on the rightwing of our government who they
feared would win the election. The much-hated Republican, Nixon, beat
Humphrey by a landslide. The left believed that had RFK won the
primary he may have had a chance to beat Nixon. The left couldn't bear
the loss of RFK. He was their hope for ending an unjust Vietnam War,
an example of American imperialism. At the time, Vietnam whipped
Anti-American sentiment into a frenzy.  Ayers wallowed in it and still
does and I suspect Obama's friends residing under the bus, Wright, and
Pfleger do as well. Was Sirhan a Manchurian Candidate? No, that title
fits Obama.
> From the next post on this, quoting Bud White:
>
> > Obama and Ayers, friends and collaborators;
> > Obama endorsed Ayers' book, Ayers dedicated
> > his book to Sirhan Sirhan, an anti-Israeli
> > terrorist and murderer of Bobby Kennedy.
>
> Yeesh. Obama didn't endorse "Prairie Fire," he
> endorsed Ayers's "A Kind and Just Parent:
> Children of Juvenile Court," an account of the
> U.S. juvenile court system, which was published
> in 1997, and most certainly was not dedicated
> to Sirhan Sirhan.
>
> It's impossible White doesn't know this, so you'd
> have to call what I just quoted a deliberate
> attempt to mislead.

You're correct. Obama was only 8 when Ayers wrote Prairie Fire. White
tries to connect too many dots. Yet, the dots remain.