--- On Tue, 12/9/08, raunchydog <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> From: raunchydog <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: [FairfieldLife] It's Only Cardboard …
> To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 10:22 PM
> The Confluence: "Only Cardboard" December 9, 2008
> by dakinikat
>
> Here's James Carville in one of his worst moments.
> Riverdaughter
> posted it earlier, but i'd like you to hear it again.
> Notice how the
> boys just get together to tell us cute little feminists we
> have no
> sense of humor including Wolfie.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5fd8as
>
> Here's my response:
>
> What if it were a cardboard cut out of Obama and a noose
> instead of a
> bottle of beer?

Offensive and in bad taste, but its protected speech.

> What if it were a cardboard cut out of Joe Lieberman and
> some one was
> putting say, a felt star on him, or a tatoo'd number on
> his arm
> instead of groping him  or say they were doing the same
> thing and were
> wearing swastikas instead of Obama team tshirts?

Same thing, offensive and in bad tatse......

> What would your reaction be?
>
> What would the reaction be of black civil rights leaders or
> leaders of
> the antisemitic leagues?  Being plied with alcohol and
> groped is
> strong symbolism for women.  We know that most men can out
> wrestle us
> and we are one moment of trust away from brutalization.

Oh Christ, Raunch, stop this victim bullshit. "One moment away from
brutalization" What fucking planet do you inhabit. I'm sorry if you've had some
traumatic experience in your past, but you need to work this through and
realize that most men are not interested in "brutalizing" a woman.

> Many fratboy
> antics are in fact sexual assault.

Fratboy antics are usually crude and offensive (they're meant to be that way)
but sexual assaults? Please. You complain about Vaj's rhetoric, you need to
look at your own sexual politics polemics.

> AND Symbols matter.

Yes they do, but only if they become normed in the culture. Not a single
photograph of a couple of clowns fondling a cardboard cutout of Hillary. You
think Hillary gives a shit about this photograph? She has better things to
think about and is not into being a victim.

> Would these two cardboard `fratboy antics' I discribed
> above be taken
> as trivial or would they be considered hate crimes?

Hate? I doubt it. Crime? What are you talking about? Protected speech. It might
be offensive, crude, rude, sexist, and everything else, but it is very removed
from crime. Just because it offends you doesn't make it a crime.

> After
> all,  a
> small town in Louisiana became a symbol of lingering racism
> with the
> hanging of a noose in a tree by a couple of idiot high
> school  boys.
> Why didn't folks consider that to be  just highschool
> boy antics?

You left-out why the noose was hung on the tree. A little incident proceeded
it. A little over the top, to say the least, but not a crime.

> What about the University of Kentucky students that had an
> effigy to
> hang of Barrack Obama who were treated way worse than
> those guys in
> California' responsible for the hanging of Sarah Palin
> in effigy in a
> Halloween display?  The guys in California only experienced
> a little
> neighborly humiliation.  Not so the kids at at U of K.

Nothing to do with male or female. People respect Obama, Palin is a fucking
hillbilly.

> And you know what?  None of these citizens put words in the
> president's mouth and yet there was tremendous outrage
> in each
> circumstance.  In several cases, these were adolescent boys
> and not 27
> year olds on the way to be a Director in the White House
> for a
> President of the United States.  This is the jerk
> responsible for "Yes
> we Can" and "We are the ones we've been
> waiting for".   Obama rode
> those two banal slogans into Washington.

Butch up, Hillary lost.

> The only time symbolic brutality is sanctioned these days
> is if its
> victims are women, GLBT, and possibly mentally ill homeless
> people.
> This has got to stop.   A symbol is powerful.  If this were
> not true,
> people would not be upset by swastikas, confederate flags,
> and nooses.
>  We need to stay upset about this until this jerk is told
> to resign.

He probably will have to resign. He's a fool for having the status that he has
and then acting this way and allowing a photograph to be taken. Does he want to
brutalize Hillery or rape her, I think we all know the answer to that.