On Dec 10, 2008, at 12:22 PM, sparaig wrote:

>> The ones I met were pretty nice, and worked very well
>> with those of us in sororities.   I obviously wasn't there
>> during their most private moments, but at least at my
>> school, I never saw any evidence of what you or raunch
>> claim.  I know that's the stereotype, but there are obviously
>> lots of exceptions.  My brother was in a frat, and he never
>> did any of that crap either.
>
> Heh. Different colleges I guess. Or perhaps you have a different
> definition of "dehumanizing towards women," given you were a
> greek yourself.

Kinda misses the whole point, spare...I never would have gone
Greek if the kind of shenanigans you mention were in evidence,
and neither would have a whole lot of others.    The comment about
having a "different definition" is just a subtle minimizing slam on your
part.  We may have been greeks, but we were still people first.

Sal