All good points.  The broader issue is one of credibility.  That
evaluation is made in a more full context than the simple telling of a
lie within its strictest definition.  We build an impression of a
person's integrity and what the value of their word is in more ways
than a simple lie.

So if in the interest of accuracy my statement should have been
"Maharishi broke his promises so often that I have no reason to trust
his vow of celibacy" I would be comfortable with that.  I am not stuck
on the concept of him being a "liar" in the strict definition of the
term.  As you and I have often discussed his actions are open to a
range of legitimate interpretations.

A financial agreement broken shows more of a lack of integrity than a
simple breaking of a promise.  In some states verbal contracts are
upheld in a court of law.  So reneging on those are for me a better
indication about a person's relationship with truthfulness.  So is a
broken financial contract a "lie" per se?  Maybe not. But if you had a
history of them it might give a person pause about your credibility in
other areas.  At least it does for me, YMMV.

Using Clinton as an example we have few cases where he actually told a
flat out lie about his extracurricular activities. But his intention
to deceive was present throughout that whole mess.  And the intention
to deceive, though not as clear cut as proof, tells a story.

> But assuming it *was* after, and therefore an
> outright lie, ED11 is asking you to document other
> such outright lies.
>
> So far, you haven't done so.

I gave my examples and you pointed out that I can't prove some of them
are lies because we can't prove Maharishi's intent.  That doesn't
prove that many of my examples are not lies, just that I can't prove
it here to your satisfaction because his intent is impossible to
prove.  We all make our choices about Maharishi's credibility.