--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "wayback71" <waybac...@...>

<curtisdeltablues@> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, enlightened_dawn11
> >
> > <but actual provable lies.>
> >
> > This standard is absurd in this context.  I'll give you the ones
that
> > I know he made in my movement career that effected me
personally.  I
> > am in no position to "prove" any of these to you especially
> > considering your own bias.
> >

> > CC in usually experienced in 7 years.
> >
> > 3 years in Sidhaland to mteaster the sidhis.  (Directly promised
> > people who signed on.)
> >
> > The third generation of crops from the seeds we saved grown on
> > sidhaland would grow into amazing plants.
> >
> > Three years of unpaid labor at sihaland would pay for TTC.
> >
> > MIU students would have their phase I and II honored after their
> > graduation if they finished their degrees. Again directly
promised to
> > us right from Switzerland in a directly answered question. Right
after
> > graduation he said our TTC phase I and II from MIU was not valid
and
> > we had to do them both again.
> >
> > That his teachers would have their ATR credits gained from their
hard
> > work of initiations honored instead of being eliminated after
the fact.

> This deserves details.  This was a HUGE event that people who
weren't there and teaching
> TM can't understand fully. I think it happened around 1974. For
thoe who weren't there:
> teachers had been teaching TM fulltime, most for years,
earning 'ATR" credits.  You got
> one credit for each person you initiated.  MMY and the TMO policy
was that for every 100
> ATR credits earned you could go on an ATR course for free (ATR
courses were for teachers
> and MMY wanted teachers on one at least once a year for 2 weeks to
rest up). Most
> teachers worked very hard and saved up their ATR credits, and of
course the money paid
> to teachers was not much, so the ATR was part of your "salary."
All of a sudden, ATR
> credits you had already earned were devalued - so those who had
worked so hard
> suddenly could not go on an ATR course and had to keep working.
In effect, it was a large
> retroactive salary cut and no one was allowed to protest.  If you
even questioned this, it
> was bad form and you could be "reported."
>
> Furthermore, in another devaluation a few years later (1978?),
some people had saved up
> ATR credits for years in order to be able to afford to go on the 6
month course or even a 2
> month course to get the siddhis. These teachers saved for a few
YEARS in good faith.
> Suddenly, those credits were worth very little. Some people had
even bought these credits
> from others for their market value  at the time of several
thousand dollars (this buying of
> credits was allowed by the TMO) and then, presto - these credits
were no good at all, as I
> recall.  I think they were worthless and only cash was accepted
for courses (I could be
> wrong about this).  When this happened, many teachers felt
betrayed again and angry and
> lost faith in the whole thing.  Many decided not to be emplyed by
the TMO any longer and
> moved on (now i can see some here  thinking that this was what MMY
wanted and it was
> good for the teachers).
>
> The context of when these things happened:  Initiations were high
and the TMO was
> making a great deal of money - they paid teachers very little,
provided no benefits
> whatsoever, not even social security or unemployment, and so you
had to wonder what
> was going on here.
>
> My take:  if it is all part of the big plan and we are just
players in the drama, fine and
> dandy. Part of that plan is that I don't like to hang out with
people who treat others in
> unkind or dishonest ways.  I mentioned to a few TB's even recently
that they would not be
> friends with anyone who has treated others the way the TMO and MMY
treated people.
> They agreed and said it was beyond their ken. As far as I am
concerned,TM "works", MMY
> was enlightened and amazing, but the relative side was unsavory to
say the least, judging
> by normal standards of fairness.  I know there was financial
sleaze and many were hurt,
> and I believe there was sexual stuff too, most likely. We can
argue about whether it is ok
> to look the other way or make excuses, but we cannot deny that the
financial stuff
> happened.  It is a fact.

thanks for the best post so far on all of this, in my opinion.

i am still of the belief that no one ever got rich in the TM
movement, that the TMO was, and is, chronically overextended,
underfunded, and managed by the most devout vs. the most competent,
to say the least.