Kirk wrote:
> Vaj, that is bullshit. Plain and simple...

What would either of you two be knowing anything
about the 'Trung'? I thought Vaj was a 'Nath'
and you were a 'Kadam'. Are you saying that you're
a Trung as well - this doesn't even make any sense.
Apparently the Naths and the Kadams can't stand to
be in the same room with the Dalai.

Sure, there are people who met Trungpa in the early
days when there were only few students around him
to ask him some dumb questions, but's it's rare
these days to be sitting next to a Tulku, much less
a Rinpoche, enlightened or no - that's my point.

I've read "Double Mirror" by Stephen T. Butterfield,
at least twice, perhaps the definitive account of
all Trungpa's exploits over the years. Butterfield
was a member of Trungpa's 'inner circle' for over
ten years and rose to the rank of a assistant to
the Vajra Regent, Osel Tendzing, and Butterfield
only met Trungpa once, face-to-face, in an airport,
after a lecture up in Nova Scotia.

According to Allen Ginsburg's auto-biography,
Ginsberg himself only met Trungpa one-on-one, twice,
once in a gay bar in New York City, and the other
time in Trungpa's apartment in Boulder, and neither
time did they meditate together!

Read more:

Buddhist Tantra world of the Trungpa Tulku:
http://www.rwilliams.us/archives/tibet.htm