--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <lengli...@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "BillyG." <wgm4u@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <LEnglish5@> wrote:
> >
> > > Well, not everyone accepts the "universal being" schtick
> > > that is basically a Hindu interpretation of the TC state.
> > > As I have pointed out before, a strong atheist might well
> > > attain "God Consciousness" or "Unity Consciousness' ala
> > > MMY's definitions and still remain a strong atheist.
> > >
> > > Just because YOU can't conceive of that happening doesn't
> > > mean its impossible, or even unlikely. If these states
> > > really ARE natural states of consciousness, then the number
> > > of interpretations of the states will be unlimited.
> >
> > Did you stop taking your medication again?
>
> In fact, no, but I suspect you might want to consider
> a medication regimen of your own, given how inappropriate
> your response was to my statement.

Just in case no one else does, I have to
agree with Lawson here.

I considered his response one of the most
*balanced* I have seen here in some time,
which is a tribute both to him and to the
wisdom of his doctors.

Lawson nails the real issue in this issue.
It's not really about one's experience of
the TC state; it's about how one interprets
that experience.

Some, like Rick Ross, might experience a
sense of transcendence of self and be so
terrified by that experience that they
dedicate the rest of their lives to trying
to make sure that no one else has a similar
experience. Others may interpret TC in terms
of the ways they were taught to interpret
it in Hinduism. Or Buddhism. Or even atheism.

The experience of TC may or may not be "the
same" from experiencer to experiencer. But
the *interpretation* of that experience? How
could that *ever* be the same, given the
disparity in what we have been taught about
what such an experience might "mean?"

Someone who can recognize that is not "off
their meds." That was a cheap shot.