--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltabl...@...>
wrote:

> [...]
>

> > Curtis doesn't like me to equate the fruit of meditation with actual fruit.
> > And I am sure I am transgressing his beliefs with my meal analogy. But to
> > me, it fits quite well. I am getting something quite secular -- a meal -- a
> > useful meditation technique -- at the HUGE cost of listening to someone
> > give thanks prior to the "meal". I don't get the outrage.
>
> So how would you feel if your child in public school was forbidden from
> eating all day during the month of Ramadan?  Would that be okaydokey?
>

> > I practiced TM for some time. I don't know much about Hinduism. My Indian
> > friends sort of tolerate my delusion that somehow I have something in
> > common with them and their religion. But I can't be a Hindu in traditional
> > Hinduism. White boys not allowed. So why would another white boy or worse
> > white girl -- who can never be a hindu, teaching something to another white
> > boy who can never be a hindu, somehow make teaching TM a religion.
>
> You not being born in the caste system has nothing to do with the beliefs
> being religious or not.  Think of the difference in knowledge between how we
> "know" how to build a computer and how a person "knows" that Jesus is their
> savior.
>

> > And don't even get me started on Christmas or Easter. If schools give these
> > as holidays, aren't they complicit in some great religious conspiracy to
> > dupe our poor cloistered youth? These holidays  CLEARLY have religious
> > roots.
>
> I am against too much Christian religion display in schools because I live in
> a multicultural area.  You can't give a display to everyone so I say keep it
> secular and enjoy Christmas at home. With most of the symbols being pagan and
> my background growing up with them, I love Christmas but I don't want to see
> a nativity scene at schools.
>

> > No more Easter egg hunts on the White House lawn.
> I would just as happy to see that go.  Not going to happen till we get our
> first non Christian president.
>
>  Clearly a violation of church and state. Not only that, it has roots in
> pagan religions! Pagan! As do Christmas trees. No more lighting of the
> Christmas tree on TV at Rokerfella square or the White House.
>
> I would just as happy to see that go.  Not going to happen till we get our
> first non Christian president. The US used to be such a Christian nation that
> it didn't matter so much.  That is changing.
>

> > And the damn World Series. Those religious nut players actually give thanks
> > to GOD before the game. The horror! Our poor kids!  Getting duped again by
> > the omnipresent religious conspiracy.
>
> I hate prayers from players during games because it reveals the most idiotic
> theology I can imagine, a God who cares about sports outcomes!
>

> > (I know you did not explicitly bring up some the points I am riffing on. )
>
> Actually your riffs are typical of Bill O'reilly and the Christian right with
> a anyone who dares speak out about Christianity not being shoved down the

Boy thats a leap! You think I am trying to shove christianity down non
christians throats. I give a rats ass about christianity. I don't like it in
fact. it appalls me. You appear to be seeing things in my words that are not
there. (must be the devil has gotten to you)

You would enjoy his rap around Easter and Christmas when he plays this routine
the most.

Bill o'reily makes me puke.

  Check out the cultural shift of our country's increasingly diverse religions
from recent census numbers.  This issue is not going away, it will get more
intense.

My point exactly . Embrace diversity.