In India the students used to perform a puja to their teacher, sometimes
at the beginning of long vacation breaks and sometimes at the beginning
and ending of the school year. I don't know how it is done now but I
doubt that this traditions has continued much, except in village life.
It always included a dandavat pranam along with simple gifts to the
teacher. Children did the same for their parents only more often.

Parents are the first guru. School teachers are the second. Guru-deva
depends upon the sampradaya but can be either the second or third guru
in a person's traditional life. Parents and school teachers are gurus
but not more. Even the local pandit is only an acharya not a guru-deva.

The Mahabhata clearly shows that martial arts teachers are gurus. Guru
signifies "gravitas" both of the teacher and of the nature of the
teaching.

Therefore from a Indian viewpoint there is nothing that makes a puja a
relgious practice as such. Puja is not yajna. It is an offering not a
sacrifice. Puja retains the form of the traditional offerings because it
is based upon a standard Indian cutural paradigm. Whether or not it is
performed for a deva depends upon the declaration of intent at the
beginning of the offering ritual.

Which brings up the question of The Force.

Vaj:
If I am going to empower some one or some thing with a certain
enlightenment-energy practice, I always unite, mentally with
visualization and with mental mantra, with that force. It's this
assumption of the acquired force that makes the empowerment
work and flow. The proper identification with the force you're
merging with is unmistakable once you're used to that presence.

Are you talking about Power (shakti) or The Force? Which
of these do you mean by enlightenment-energy?

You say you are an exponent of the Nath sampradaya.
Does this mean you are an Natha diksha guru?

Shouldn't you be calling yourself Vajranath again instead
of -dhatu? Maybe VajraGuru or NathaGuru would be better.

However, if you are initiating people into The Force then
maybe Obevaj would be more accurate.

It is my deeply inquiring mind that brings up such
grand questions. No offence meant, as Kirk would say.