--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> , Duveyoung <no_re...@...> wrote:

> Who's really a blind TB and who's merely an intellectual TB?
>
> Here's some simple questions that will sort out those TBs, methinks.
>
> 1. If I teach TM to someone without using the puja but I'm still using
the mantras and the technique of Maharishi will the mantra/technique
still work?>

If it is proven by scientific research to be of benefit to the
individual and/or society, then it is irrelevant. No meditation that is
not Maharishi's Transcendental Meditation has that position at this
time. Science is not dogmatic, it is open to change its view. Therefore,
in 30 years, after much research has been published on another
technique, then it has the chance to hold a similar position that TM
does now. Until then your question is irrelevant to the world at large.

> 2. Without the puja will the meditation still be TM?>

Why would anyone care. Society ONLY cares about hundreds of studies
published in peer-reviewed scientific journals around the world. These
are the facts of life. Not opinion. Get used to it.

> 3. Without the puja would Maharishi say that the mantra was not
"energized by the Holy Tradition?" and so it lacks the mojo it needs to
be a spiritual technique?>

Maharishi said that only a meditation that has been verified by hundreds
of studies published in peer-reviewed scientific journals around the
world should be considered. Only TM as Maharishi taught it has that
position. It will take 30 years for any other meditation to catch up.

> 4. If someone doesn't kneel at the end of the puja despite the teacher
obviously waving them to do so, is that a "bad start," -- is that a
foreboding omen of the person's likelihood of quitting the practice?>

Only science could answer that question, and it will take you 30 years
of further research to be able to find the answer to the question.

> 5. If I initiate someone with the puja but the person refused to bring
fruit, flowers and handkerchief, will that lessen the results of TM, or
somehow create a circumstance of "low respect for the technique such
that it will almost insure the the person quits eventually?">

Only science can answer that question. What you do is your choice. Most
people go with what feels best for them, but ultimateley it is
irrelevant because only a meditation that has been verified by hundreds
of studies published in peer-reviewed scientific journals around the
world is given any attention by society.

> 6. If I tell someone the translation of the puja before I teach them
the technique and they run off scared about suddenly being involved in a
religion, have I "sinned by TM standards?">

No, because you will not have taught the person TM,a nd you will have no
customers, therefore you made yourself irrelevant to the world, and
no-one will come to your door.

> 7.  If I say to someone that transcendence puts one in the presence of
God, am I letting a cat out of the bag too soon?>

'God' is a 3 letter word -- nothing more. Everyone involved in TM has a
different view of what 'god' means than you apparently do. For example,
to me 'God' means 'Nature'.  What do you take it to mean? -- a fat old
bald guy with a long beard and whip sitting at the beginning of the
universe or something?

> 8.  Is it wrong to tell a person during the first lecture that the
movement is rife with rumors about money laundering etc., am I being
righteous to put the newbie on notice like this?>>

There is no right and wrong. Most people will see through your BS, and
do the research themselves to find out it is a low level conspiracy
theory perpetrated by old men arguing on a dark unknown corner of the
internet.

  > 9. If I have a newbie show me all kinds of physical tics and untoward
emotionalism and some acting out of negativity, should I tell that
person to get competent help immediately from a regular health
professional, or should I try all sorts of twiddling the person's
program by adding more asanas, more pranyama, more rest after
meditation, less than 20 minutes, etc.?>

Many teachers have sent people off to seek professional help, and asked
them to come back to learn TM after they have done so. You are just
trying to create strawmen here.

> 10. Was Maharishi able to do any of the siddhis?  Do you know of any
acts that he did that are miracles?>

Who cares.

> 11. If Maharishi said, "Hey, you, jump off this bridge and die, and I
will get my GREAT BUDDY, God, to reincarnate you into a life where
you'll be enlightened while still a baby in the crib," would you jump?>

Then you are an idiot if you followed such advice, and only a complete
idiot or drunk would ask such a stupid question as if it is clever, like
the question you just asked. Lol !...pathetic dude.

> 12. If Maharishi had said, "Kali Yuga has now reached such intensity
that we need to eat meat to have the mojo to combat the encroaching
darkness," would you eat meat?>

You are nuts. Seek help.

OffWorld