On Mar 30, 2009, at 2:38 PM, Duveyoung wrote:

Who's really a blind TB and who's merely an intellectual TB?

Here's some simple questions that will sort out those TBs, methinks.

1. If I teach TM to someone without using the puja but I'm still using the mantras and the technique of Maharishi will the mantra/ technique still work?

2. Without the puja will the meditation still be TM?

3. Without the puja would Maharishi say that the mantra was not "energized by the Holy Tradition?" and so it lacks the mojo it needs to be a spiritual technique?

4. If someone doesn't kneel at the end of the puja despite the teacher obviously waving them to do so, is that a "bad start," -- is that a foreboding omen of the person's likelihood of quitting the practice?

5. If I initiate someone with the puja but the person refused to bring fruit, flowers and handkerchief, will that lessen the results of TM, or somehow create a circumstance of "low respect for the technique such that it will almost insure the the person quits eventually?"

6. If I tell someone the translation of the puja before I teach them the technique and they run off scared about suddenly being involved in a religion, have I "sinned by TM standards?"

7. If I say to someone that transcendence puts one in the presence of God, am I letting a cat out of the bag too soon?

8. Is it wrong to tell a person during the first lecture that the movement is rife with rumors about money laundering etc., am I being righteous to put the newbie on notice like this?

9. If I have a newbie show me all kinds of physical tics and untoward emotionalism and some acting out of negativity, should I tell that person to get competent help immediately from a regular health professional, or should I try all sorts of twiddling the person's program by adding more asanas, more pranyama, more rest after meditation, less than 20 minutes, etc.?

10. Was Maharishi able to do any of the siddhis? Do you know of any acts that he did that are miracles?

11. If Maharishi said, "Hey, you, jump off this bridge and die, and I will get my GREAT BUDDY, God, to reincarnate you into a life where you'll be enlightened while still a baby in the crib," would you jump?

12. If Maharishi had said, "Kali Yuga has now reached such intensity that we need to eat meat to have the mojo to combat the encroaching darkness," would you eat meat?

13. Who else besides Edg can make it through this silly list,
or who even cares?

Sal