On Apr 23, 2009, at 10:16 PM, grate.swan wrote:

>> What an utter garbagedump FFL has turned into.
>>

> Many in spiritual circles appear attached to the concept of non-
> attachment -- but it appears to me (hardly a strong truth test) they
> are quite attached to aversion.

Grate, interesting and apropos observation.

Stuck in polarities...

> Just a few of today's posts I have skimmed and aversion seems to be
> blossoming like spring -- deep (and almost trembling) aversion to
> americans, strippers, enhanced breasts, people who are satisfied
> with TM, and on and on.
>
> One thing I have found in exposure to real spiritual people (and the
> categorization is my own, not an epistimologically pristine claim)
> is that they are interested in everyone, everything and anything.
> Its like they start each moment with a blank slate. Everything is
> new, to be explored. As a friend told me once, "Maharishi could (and
> did) talk for 4 hours on which floor tiles to choose."

What would you say about those who want OH SO MUCH to talk about "I",
"Me" or "Mine"...groups that gather to talk about "My" experience.
This happened to "Me" and My very interesting shadow. Would it bother
you if I told you I was "Enlightened"? Would it bother you if a bunch
of "Enlightened" people got together and flapped jaw of I, Me and
Mine...all the while flappin' on just how enlighten'd they were?

No?

Yes?

> But enlightenment shalaitzament -- who cares. But a baseline of
> total acceptance, openness, a fresh look at everything, has some
> appeal to me when I see it live, in action.

Oh yeah.

> TM appears not to be a universal technique to enliven such qualities
> in everyone. Perhaps it does in some. I see people who do TM , and
> other methods, who have these non-attached, non-adverse,
> enthusiastic in each moment for everything. But also see a lot of
> people highly adverse to lots of things, and perhaps attached many
> things similtaneously, to "my program", my diet, my so pure
> lifestyle, my method, my guru, etc. I am not sure, but I am guessing
> St Peter doesn't open the gate to people with a  3' stick up their
> butts. (and man, thats gotta hurt during yogic flying).

Or block the channels as Shankaracharya folks observe...the channels
of outwardness, the samskaras of vyuthana...

> If I were King Tony, I would round up all the so holy rajas and
> obsequious hangers-on and take them to the best -- and also the
> diviest -- strip clubs in Amsterdam. Show people how to see and
> enjoy the bliss in everything. Even in silicone breasts.

Well, good luck with that. Those channels have (IMO) already been
scarred and blocked.

> As Louis said, "Its a wonderful world". Some long term TMers seem
> too bitter and adverse to enjoy much of it.

Well, thanks for stating the obvious!