--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradh...@...> wrote:

> On Apr 23, 2009, at 10:16 PM, grate.swan wrote:
>
> >> What an utter garbagedump FFL has turned into.
> >>

> > Many in spiritual circles appear attached to the concept of non-
> > attachment -- but it appears to me (hardly a strong truth test) they
> > are quite attached to aversion.
>
> Grate, interesting and apropos observation.
>
> Stuck in polarities...
>

> > Just a few of today's posts I have skimmed and aversion seems to be
> > blossoming like spring -- deep (and almost trembling) aversion to
> > americans, strippers, enhanced breasts, people who are satisfied
> > with TM, and on and on.
> >
> > One thing I have found in exposure to real spiritual people (and the
> > categorization is my own, not an epistimologically pristine claim)
> > is that they are interested in everyone, everything and anything.
> > Its like they start each moment with a blank slate. Everything is
> > new, to be explored. As a friend told me once, "Maharishi could (and
> > did) talk for 4 hours on which floor tiles to choose."
>
> What would you say about those who want OH SO MUCH to talk about "I",
> "Me" or "Mine"...groups that gather to talk about "My" experience.
> This happened to "Me" and My very interesting shadow. Would it bother
> you if I told you I was "Enlightened"? Would it bother you if a bunch
> of "Enlightened" people got together and flapped jaw of I, Me and
> Mine...all the while flappin' on just how enlighten'd they were?
>
> No?
>
> Yes?

I am not sure who does this so I don't have any direct observations (nor the
wild and crazy thoughts that arise with most observations.)

But in general, I think people do what they need to do. What they do is useful
for them, else they would not be doing it. Things that the vast population of
people do -- well it may not be for me, but I wish them good luck. And I figure
I may have done that in the past, or may be yet in queue to do it in the
future. Every season has a purpose and a reason.

My points in this post are not criticisms but perosnal observations.  And
mostly to clarify my own thinking. When I make a chastising or snarked-up
observation, I am first and foremost describing myself and something I do, have
done or will do. And its a process of working it out -- whether I am conscious
at the moment of the process or not. But I guarantee you sometime in the next
week or month, I will express some high tootin' aversion to something -- and my
words here will come back to me perhaps chastising but also as a nice insight
or lesson -- and act as a fulcrum to create change.

As for others, I am sure I don't get their lives, have not walked a mile in
their moccasins, so if what appears to be aversion to me works for them --  I
offer my best wishes.