--- authfriend <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Fischer"
>
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> <snip>
> > Sandy's been in to that for a long time (if he's
> still talking
> > about it).  He gave us the test for Kohlberg's
> deal.   I didn't
> > make it to Stage 6 but tried to argue my way to
> it.  Nidich used
> > the definition to prove I wasn't there.
>
> If he was telling any TMers they *weren't*
> at the highest stage, I'm impressed.  I'd
> have expected him to do the opposite.
> Speaks well for his objectivity.
>
> Of course, you may have been a special case. ;-)

Most mature, intelligent, college educated adults are
in stage 5. They can take multiple perspectives
regarding the same thing and understand several
courses of action. They see the value of social laws,
but also recognize there are individual situations and
circumstances where these laws need to be
transgressed. Culties are in stage 4 and think they
are in stage 6. By the way, MMY's behavior puts him in
stage 1(moral reasoning dictated by avoidance of
punishment). Go figure.