On Jun 12, 2009, at 8:17 AM, raunchydog wrote:

I've previously defended Sarah Palin on this forum against sexist attacks during the election. David's Letterman's recent jokes about Palin and her daughter show how it is still acceptable in our culture for anyone going for a cheap shot laugh, the easiest target is usually a sexist joke about a woman. Fortunately, Letterman's least likely target would have been a racist joke about Obama. We have quite a way to go before sexist jokes are just as unacceptable as racist jokes.

Letterman is getting a well deserved kick in the pants from several quarters. His low brow humor was so over the top he actually attempted to make a half-ass apology to Palin for it on his show.

Even though I don't agree with her views on a woman's right to choose, or her politics, Sarah still deserves respect as a woman. Now that the election is over one would hope sexist attacks on her would just simply die out, apparently not.

Apparently you're too dumb yourself to
see what is perfectly obvious, rd...that if
someone, like Palin, for example, does
everything she can to keep women (and
others) down, to make their lives as miserable
and as unequal as possible...then when she
becomes the target of jokes that she herself
has helped make semi-fashionable, there's a certain
poetic justice in that.  People are not going
to "defend" someone who the next minute
will turn around and call their daughters sluts
for doing the exact same thing her daughter did.

Palin deserves no respect, either as a woman
or anything else.  Deal with it.

Sal