--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Sal Sunshine <salsunsh...@...> wrote:

> On Jun 12, 2009, at 8:17 AM, raunchydog wrote:
>
> > I've previously defended Sarah Palin on this forum against sexist
> > attacks during the election. David's Letterman's recent jokes about
> > Palin and her daughter show how it is still acceptable in our
> > culture for anyone going for a cheap shot laugh, the easiest target
> > is usually a sexist joke about a woman. Fortunately, Letterman's
> > least likely target would have been a racist joke about Obama. We
> > have quite a way to go before sexist jokes are just as unacceptable
> > as racist jokes.
> >
> > Letterman is getting a well deserved kick in the pants from several
> > quarters. His low brow humor was so over the top he actually
> > attempted to make a half-ass apology to Palin for it on his show.
> >
> > Even though I don't agree with her views on a woman's right to
> > choose, or her politics, Sarah still deserves respect as a woman.
> > Now that the election is over one would hope sexist attacks on her
> > would just simply die out, apparently not.
>
> Apparently you're too dumb yourself to
> see what is perfectly obvious, rd...that if
> someone, like Palin, for example, does
> everything she can to keep women (and
> others) down, to make their lives as miserable
> and as unequal as possible...then when she
> becomes the target of jokes that she herself
> has helped make semi-fashionable, there's a certain
> poetic justice in that.  People are not going
> to "defend" someone who the next minute
> will turn around and call their daughters sluts
> for doing the exact same thing her daughter did.
>
> Palin deserves no respect, either as a woman
> or anything else.  Deal with it.
>
> Sal

In my view, Sarah Palin's overall ugly character and hypocritical 'family
values' she displays in the public arena does women a gross disservice. I think
she's a creepy human being.

The kind of jokes Letterman told aboput her were no different that any he's
told thousands of times about BOTH men and women. That's what late night
comedians DO!!!

Here's Letterman's response to Palin's complaints:

Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHfJM7bMkac