--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Sal Sunshine <salsunsh...@...> wrote:

> On Jun 12, 2009, at 10:43 AM, do.rflex wrote:
>
> >> Apparently you're too dumb yourself to
> >> see what is perfectly obvious, rd...that if
> >> someone, like Palin, for example, does
> >> everything she can to keep women (and
> >> others) down, to make their lives as miserable
> >> and as unequal as possible...then when she
> >> becomes the target of jokes that she herself
> >> has helped make semi-fashionable, there's a certain
> >> poetic justice in that.  People are not going

Sal, you missed the punchline. The joke is on you. As a woman, if you think a
sexist joke about a woman has nothing to do with you, you deserve as much
respect as you think Palin deserves.

> >> to "defend" someone who the next minute
> >> will turn around and call their daughters sluts
> >> for doing the exact same thing her daughter did.
> >>
> >> Palin deserves no respect, either as a woman
> >> or anything else.  Deal with it.
> >>
> >> Sal
> >

> > In my view, Sarah Palin's overall ugly character and hypocritical
> > 'family values' she displays in the public arena does women a gross
> > disservice. I think she's a creepy human being.
> >
> > The kind of jokes Letterman told aboput her were no different that
> > any he's told thousands of times about BOTH men and women. That's
> > what late night comedians DO!!!
>
> Exactly.  And rd and others like her can't see
> how they're being manipulated--how the right
> wing often times uses women to put forth their
> creepiest, most harmful views knowing that their
> gender will, to a certain degree, innoculate them
> agains criticism.  rd is playing right into that sick game.

Oh please. There is plenty to criticize Palin about without resorting to
sexism. No inoculation is necessary. How ridiculous can you get, do.rflex? The
only sick game I have seen lately has come from the left attacking women,
Hillary and Palin for their sex because they stupidly think it's easier and
more effective to create hate than offer an intelligent debate on the issues.
Perhaps it is easier and more effective in the short run, but in the long run
it damages respect for ALL women.