--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_re...@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchydog@> wrote:
>
> > Yeah. Vaj has provided numerous examples of off the wall pronouncements
> > about TM that clearly demonstrate his lack of understanding. I don't
> > believe he ever practiced TM, if he did, then he is intentionally
> > misleading. He is quite attached to the "concern troll" persona he has
> > fashioned for himself. You don't need to hear  Chicken Little in a daily
> > panic saying, "The sky is falling and TM is "dangerous" before you realize
> > he doesn't know what he's talking about.
>
> Vaj is a professional liar; everything he writes is about trying to create
> confusion about TM, yet he has no experience of the technique. He seems to be
> obsessed with hate towards MMY and the TMO. This might very well have to do
> with the success of introducing TM in Buddhist monestaries in the far east
> where TM is considered more effective than their own techniques thus heralded
> by important Lamas. I had the pleasure of meeting some of these Lamas in
> Boppard in 1982, and by now TM is very strong in Buddhist countries like
> Thailand, and other countries.
>
> It's a Sisophys programme he has taken upon himself, and he will never
> succeed since the TM meditators have their own direct experiences. But he
> will continue nevertheless, day after day, year after year until the day he
> dies to try to create confusion in the minds of meditators - what an utterly
> pathetic existence !

"Sisyphean task" Wikipedia:

"As a punishment from the gods for his trickery, Sisyphus was compelled to roll
a huge rock up a steep hill, but before he could reach the top of the hill, the
rock would always roll back down again, forcing him to begin again. The
maddening nature of the punishment was reserved for Sisyphus due to his
hubristic belief that his cleverness surpassed that of Zeus. Sisyphus took the
bold step of reporting one of Zeus's sexual conquests, telling the river god
Asopus of the whereabouts of his daughter Aegina. Zeus had taken her away, but
regardless of the impropriety of Zeus's frequent conquests, Sisyphus
overstepped his bounds by considering himself a peer of the gods who could
rightfully report their indiscretions. As a result, Zeus displayed his own
cleverness by binding Sisyphus to an eternity of frustration. Accordingly,
pointless or interminable activities are often described as Sisyphean."

Apropos Vaj.