BillyG. wrote:
> Can we have *tort reform* now?  Please!   A great Republican, conservative
> idea to reduce health care costs!
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tort_reform
Until an MD leaves a medical tool inside you during surgery.  You'd
better leave recourse for that.  Certainly malpractice insurance adds a
ridiculous amount to our medical bills.  It probably wouldn't be so
necessary if all doctors were interested in practicing medicine and not
just as a source of revenue so they can spend more time on the golf
course.  And malpractice insurance is only part of the medical bloat.
Requiring a staff to deal with health insurance companies is another.
Gee, it all comes back to insurance.  Time to scrutinize the ENTIRE
insurance scam ... er I mean industry.