Yup, it is an ad for the Marine Corps.  Sort of a modern day military
movie with Aaron Eckhart playing the John Wayne role.  Why?  Probably so
they could get to use a lot of military hardware.  No wonder many
critics didn't like it nor did the public.  Hollywood hasn't had much
luck with military films lately.  Could it be the public is tired of
endless war?

It is a better developed script than "Skyline" but the movie is entirely
from the perspective of a military squad.  The hard thing to believe is
that with such superior technology earthlings would be any match at all.

It is a frenetic action film so if you're not into those you probably
won't like it.  It has been compared to "Black Hawk Down" which I sorta
remember having seen it a few years ago.  The film played in the D-Box
auditorium and there was only one other customer and he was sitting in
the D-Box section.  Might have been a theater employee as the D-Box
wasn't activated and the time I saw a film that was D-Box and some folks
sitting in those seats they rocked so much you could feel the vibration
from the other seats.  Another way to suck additional money out of your
wallet.  I pissed off someone involved in its development recently on a
forum by calling it a gimmick.

It is a Columbia Pictures film so will probably be on Netflix and at
Redbox before you know it.