On 03/24/2011 10:17 AM, turquoiseb wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu<noozguru@...>  wrote:
>>> Dare I suggest (because now I've Been There Done
>>> That) that parents and people helping to raise
>>> small children think that home movies of them
>>> spitting their pablum out are great, too?  :-)
>> Uh, this is professionally done documentary. Don't
>> pull a Judy on me. You'd probably like to hang out
>> with George Hardy. ;-)
> That is possible, but would you watch a
> professionally done documentary about
> paint drying, unless you were a painter,
> and...uh...had no life? :-)

There are a lot of boring documentaries out there but this isn't one of
them and is hilarious.  I'm not trying to shove it down your throat,
just trying to remove any "preconceived notions" you might have. :-D
> I have no interest in the "Trolls" movie,
> and will never have any interest in it.
> Why would I want to watch a documentary
> about it?

Because you are a "would be" film critic?  Most "film critics" might
find this documentary interesting for the same reason some find Richard
Rodriguez's "10 Minute Film School" interesting.  One of the questions
to the Italian director was "why is the movie called "Troll 2" when
there are no trolls in the film?" They are called "goblins" in the
film.  Like I said the film is so bad it is hilarious.  But unlike some
"Dollhouse" episodes it has an arc and I would say that arc was created
by the editor.  As Stu would tell you a few seconds earlier or late in a
cut and a scene would have lost momentum and made the bad acting stand
out more.  As for the original film George Hardy bought it on VHS when
it came out and after the first five minutes realized his film acting
career was over.

The movie cost $200K to make and used a professional Italian crew (the
director has over 25 films to his credit).  Another thing about the
screenplay is it is the Italian writers take on Americans and the
culture of the 1980s.  I also suspect saying "upbeat dentist" turns
people off because they have an "upbeat dentist" themselves whom they
hate (reminds me I have my by yearly torture ... er cleaning session on
Friday).  But this guy ain't saccharin and his movie career isn't over
as he is in a 2007 movie and two upcoming ones.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0362643/

Not tryin' to shove it down your throat, just thought you and other
folks here might find it interesting.

Hope your day gets better. :-D