Unlike the weekend after 9-11 I barely heard *any* locals talking about
the Bin Laden thing yesterday or today.  We remain skeptical around here
and this is a liberal community.

You do  understand what a soldier actually is don't you.  Take a look at
a chess board and look at the littlest piece.  Do you want to be one of
those?