--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "wayback71" <wayback71@...> wrote:
, no one much cares what
> > a substitute teacher thinks about anything.
>
> Oooh nasty. I am not a sub tacher, but I work with a few. Like most of
us, many have their own personal area of interest or passion. Some are
downright interesting or creative, and use sub teaching to have a
flexible life style so they can do other things than work. I have been
stunned to hear some of the things they do in their free time - hike the
App Trail, habitat for humnanity, big time bird watching, painting,
major photography. Some are struggling mightily to get a bit of money so
they can be at home when their kids are. Others are dealing with some
personal fragility and don't want the responsibilitiy - at least for a
few years - of their own classroom. Have a heart here, Barry.
At the risk of being a ditto head.  I was wondering how long it would be
before this snub surfaced.  No long it turns out.  Can you imagine, can
you just imagine Barry making a similiar comment about a street
musician?  I didn't comment on it, cause I thought Barry was making a
joke.  I hope he was.
It's as if
> > their legends-in-their-own-minds "celebrity" was
> > completely dependent on associating themselves with
> > another "celebrity."
> >
> Honestly, Barry, I think most people on this forum don't derive any
sense of status or sheen from their days with MMY. And I don't get that
just about anyone here feels they are a legend in their own mind. Maybe
it is just that I don't consider them anything more special than typical
- and if they do, that is their problem and really out of touch.
I don't think there is anything that can disabuse Barry of this notion.
This is one of the foundations of his posting here.  Generally, it
something that must be reiterated in some fashion twice or three times a
day.