--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Denise Evans <dmevans365@...>
wrote:

> Snip: Â "Enlightenment is just being oneself, a state of absolute
self-love (narcissism as Barry would say) that then extends outwards,
the unique expression of divine, the divine admiring its own creation in
its unique limited localized manifestation and then all individuals are
part of this whole. "
> So, enlightenment is "self-love" extended to others. Â (True
self-love is not narcissism - narcissism is based on development of a
false self to cover up and protect one's real self). Â
> Loving self, others, and living in the moment. Â Doesn't seem too
complicated.

Yes indeed doesn't seem too complicated Denise but it really requires an
existential leap to reach this simple utterly relaxed state, at least
for me.
I realized I had collected so much neurosis, from the society, that I
need to be a millionaire with a million dollar wife, million dollar kids
and a million dollar car and house to be happy. That I needed to be a
model citizen, a model parent, a model child, that I needed to help
someone, help suffering people in Sudan, that I had to be a Gandhi, had
to be a Teresa, that I had to million things in order to feel happy.
To achieve this state, this state where you don't need to do anything,
you don't owe anyone anything, to feel that every moment the existence
is in a blissful orgasm with you, that the existence is somehow
incomplete with you, this state truly requires an existential leap.