Very interesting Vaj, from your older post about two years ago. It is
interesting how instinctive reactions peel off with time. Maybe certain
reactions, say a bat flies close to your face will not disappear, but
non-threatening sounds etc., do seem to diminish with time, as well as
reactions to situations that previously set one off emotionally.

There was a Dutchman, Herrigal, Herrigle, or some name like that, who went to
Japan sometime in the earlier part of the 20th century, and he experienced an
earthquake, and everyone fled except an old man. When he inquired of this
fellow, he found the old man was a practitioner of Zen. Herrigle wanted in
after experiencing the man's calmness, but was told as a Westerner he probably
could not at that time attend a monastery. The old man sent him to a Zen
archer, who taught him the art of Zen archery for a number of years. Herrigle
wrote a book about that experience. He said he practiced several years without
ever being told to shoot at a target, and finally one day the teacher said,
observing him, '"it" shot the arrow'. After that he was allowed to shoot at a
target.