--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius" <anartaxius@>
> wrote:
> <snip>
> > There do seem to be some changes as a result of long-term
> > meditative practice, in that events do not impinge as much
> > and a person's reaction is less intense.
>
> I would add, less intense *subjectively* for the person
> reacting. IOW, one person can't tell how much impinging
> is taking place in another person by observing their
> reaction. The reaction might appear furious or even
> "batshit crazy," but internally the person could be
> perfectly calm and undisturbed, nonattached.

It might be the reverse too. A person might be seething inside, but manage to
suppress the outward manifestation. I was really referring to my own
experience, and observation of some others. I am the only one for whom I can
observe the outer reaction simultaneously with the inner experience. For
others, I have to ask about the internal state. There must be some
physiological correlate to this however.