On Jul 14, 2011, at 9:46 PM, sparaig wrote:

However, what I meant by "there's alpha and then there's alpha" is a reference to the specific pattern(s) that show up during TM, especially during the pure consciousness state.

Alleged pure consciousness state. I don't believe anyone accepts that metaphysical speculation except TM folks - esp. since we now have a much clearer idea of what the EEG of samadhi looks like and what it's physiological results are at the cellular level. Sadly, it has not been seen in TM so far.