On Jul 27, 2011, at 11:28 AM, Bhairitu wrote:

> Well as someone who had to pour through resumes to hire people I have my
> two bits too.  Too me a flashy looking resume didn't mean anything more
> than the applicant had "a flashy looking resume."  It really tell me
> anything as to whether they could do the job or not.  One of my best
> hires was an engineer whose resume was about 5 unformatted pages long
> and mainly just a dump of everything he had done.  If HR had done
> filtering for me it his would have gone into the trash can.  But he came
> in and had a program that showed his skills which was what we were
> looking for.
>
> A couple thoughts on Mark's, contrary to what's been said due to Mark's
> age NO PICTURE.  In fact hide age as much as possible.  This is
> especially true if the hiring manager is half Mark's age.  Put the
> degrees earned in but no dates.  Also limit the employment trail to a
> decade or so.  Fool 'em into thinking you're a youngster so you get an
> interview.

Great idea, Bhair.  And as long as we're trying to
fool 'em, why not go all the way and fool 'em into
thinking you're someone else entirely? Using a
different name would do the trick nicely.
 So I would advise Mark to ditch his common name
for something really attention-getting~~how about
Orion Landau, say, or Ludacris Landau?   Jasper
Landau might work, or even Abdul-Jabaar Landau.
I mean, it beats actually *doing* something other
than whining on an internet forum about how
desperate your situation is and then doing absolutely
nothing when good suggestions are offered.

Sal